Businesses that were forced to shut down during the Covid 19 restrictions placed on construction sites from 21 September to 4 October 2021 may be eligible for a one-off grant from the Government.
What you get:
One-off grants of $2,000 for eligible non-employing construction industry businesses, and one-off grants of $2,800, $5,600 or $8,400 for eligible employing construction industry businesses, based on payroll size.
Basic Eligibility criteria (not exhaustive):
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 24 September 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator
- be located within Victoria
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 24 September 2021
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classesfor this program
- have been contracted (prior to the restriction period being announced) to undertake, or supply workers to undertake, work at a construction worksite that was shut down due to the COVID-19 restrictions announced 20 September 2021 in one of the following areas:
- Local Government Areas (LGAs) in metropolitan Melbourne
- City of Greater Geelong
- Mitchell Shire, and
- Surf Coast Shire
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions in effect from 21 September to 4 October 2021 and cannot and were not able to operate remotely.
- Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements during the construction sector shutdown, and supported their causal workers, where possible.
- Non-employing businesses:
- The business owner must hold a WorkSafe Construction Induction Training Card (white card or ‘ticket’) or interstate equivalent issued by a comparable governing authority in another Australian state or territory.
Applications are currently open and will remain so until the 9th of November.
Please visit the Business Victoria website here for further information and to apply.
As usual, we are also more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have when applying. Please contact your usual HMH Advisor on +61 3 9840 2200.