Clients will be aware from previous correspondences, of the new company Director ID regime. This has been introduced in order to give all Company Directors a unique identification number, with a view to preventing fraudulent or false Director identities. The two stage process involves identifying yourself on the myGovID system and then linking this with ATO information, to get onto the Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS) records.
All registrations must be completed by November 2022 and many clients have already done so. The process can be a bit tedious and tricky – a quick “how to” follows. If you are having any difficulties, please get in touch with your usual hmh contact – we will be able to sort it out for you!
Directors ID applications - Tips & Traps
- Electronic applications are a four step process – your usual trusted hmh contact can assist!
1. Download the myGovID app on your smart device.
2. Register your identity on the myGovID app using two forms of ID (eg. Medicare Card, Drivers Licence, Passport)
3. Link your myGovID account to the ATO using info from two sources known to the ATO (eg. NOA, bank account details, super account details)
4. Complete the director ID application
- Phone applications can be made on 13 62 50 via the ABRS
- Paper application forms are available www.abrs.gov.au
Please contact your usual hmh advisor on +61 3 9840 2200 if you have any queries at all in relation to setting up your Director ID.