With the announcement from Daniel Andrews today that Victoria will remain in lockdown for at least a further two weeks, many questions have been raised as to what government support is available to us right now.
The following is a brief summary of Victorian government grants that are currently active:
COVID-19 DISASTER PAYMENTS
- For individuals who have lost more than 8 hours of work a week.
- Payments range from $200 to $750 dollars a week, depending on how many hours of work have been lost due to the lockdown. The payment amounts have increased since they were first introduced in July.
- Applications can be made through MyGov, with full instructions on how to apply available here.
SMALL BUSINESS COVID HARDSHIP FUND
- A one-off grant of $10,000 will be available to businesses who did not qualify for the business costs assistance program back in July.
- Eligibility criteria for this grant include:
- Having an Australian Business Number (ABN) on 28 July 2021 that is still active
- Being registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) from 28 July 2021 until now
- Your business must be able to demonstrate a reduction in turnover of at least 70% for a two week period since 27 May 2021
- Your business must not have received funding under any of the other Victorian Government Covid packages on or after 27 May 2021
- Applications are now open here and will close on 10 September.
BUISNESS COSTS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM EXTENSION
- Successful applicants of this program will automatically receive an additional $2,800 shortly.
- Further payments are likely to continue as long as Victoria remains in lockdown.
- Eligibility criteria for this grant incudes having a business that falls within a specific list of categories that have been most impacted by the lockdown.
- For businesses who did not apply during the original run, applications have been reopened for a limited time here and they must be made before 20 August.
- Please also review the link above for further information on eligibility criteria.
LICENSED HOSPITALITY VENUE FUND EXTENSION
- Successful applicants of this program will automatically receive a further payment of between $5,000 to $20,000, dependent upon your premises capacity.
- Your business must operate in the hospitality industry to be eligible.
- Again, further payments are likely to continue should Victoria remain in lockdown.
- More information can be found here, with new applications closing on 20 August.
If you have any questions regarding anything mentioned above, please contact your usual HMH advisor on +61 3 9840 2200